MUA Velvet Luxe Lip Lacquer- REVIEW!

Hello! So, I'm very sorry I haven't written in a while, there's about a million things on my to do list at the moment and some how my blog slipped to the bottom. Sorry!
Anyway, here is my first attempt at a review. Now, I am definitely NOT a beauty blogger, or even someone who's majorly interested in make up. I never wear foundation or concealer, but I do love a good lippy when I'm trying to impress. I've been desperate for the limecrime velvetines lip gloss/stick for a long time, and while lustily reading reviews someone mentioned an MUA version, that did pretty much the same thing.
If you don't know, MUA is a brand that is sold exclusively in Superdrug, and I'm not going to lie, I don't have much experience with it. But, off I trotted to Superdrug, armed with the measly £3(!!) needed to buy myself a matte lip gloss/stick.

Unfortunately the Superdrug in question didn't stock the full range, so I was limited to three colour choices. I went for the reddest on offer, because I knew that was always a fail safe lip colour, and I could come back and experiment if I liked the results. It was when I got home and tried to wash all the tester samples off, that I realised this was going to be hell to remove. One sore hand later, I got to it!

The application was super smooth, just like putting on lip gloss. But, you need to make sure you're accurate, as, like I said, it's hard to get off. So then it dried, and I was super happy with the
result! It has a lovely matte finish, and I was really happy with it aesthetically.


However, it was very very dry on my lips. I think I could deal with it for a couple of hours, but it's far too dry to be a longer lasting lipstick. One of the benefits of the dryness is that is is incredibly sturdy though! It didn't come off on straws or anything! 

Overall, I am happy with it, and I probably would buy another colour, but it isn't without it's downfalls! 




Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment