New year, pretty much the same me. (but with added walks)

So, I have been a bit of a rubbish blogger recently, I can't deny it. With the Christmas period and two deadlines within two weeks, things have been heavy. But I am back! I am determined to start up on this again, and I thought I'd start with a typical January post, how I'm losing weight.

My method is not a new one, it's not exciting or full of flavoured teas and tablets. It's the age old, exercise and eat right. I know that seems obvious, but I do have my own little twist on it.
Calorie counting. Everyone criticises it, saying "its not the calories that matter, its the fats and sugars blah blah blah" and i know that, but calorie counting just really helps me keep my eating under control! I am a huge boredom eater, and I think that is one of my biggest problems. But by counting my calories, I know that I have to earn my treats and it keeps my snacking under reign. I'm still allowed the odd treat, but I have to earn it at the gym.

I've only ever used one calorie counting app, because it has never steered me wrong, and that is MyFitnessPal. You enter your current weight, your goal weight and your ideal weight loss rate (ie 2lbs a week) and it gives you a break down of not only how many calories you should be eating, but how much sugar, saturated fats and carbs too! Then you pop in your exercise and you're off! Last time I used this app a year ago I think I lost about a stone and a half, so it is a proven success. I've been back on it for a few weeks now and I already feel healthier, look smaller and am losing real weight. I am so happy to be back in the swing.

My exercise routine is also nothing groundbreaking or strenuous. My aim is to go the gym for at least 40 minutes twice a week, and to go on two one hour walks a week. It fits in perfectly with my schedule and is showing me real results.

Thanks for reading my boring post, I just felt like I needed to update this thing before it started gathering dust at the back of the internet somewhere.

Thanks!

Kristy
X

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment